POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : glass pic rendered in pov ray : Re: glass pic rendered in pov ray Server Time
4 Oct 2024 01:17:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: glass pic rendered in pov ray
From: Ken
Date: 1 May 1999 08:57:19
Message: <372AEB90.B29F6EC3@pacbell.net>
Rick (Kitty5) wrote:

> The 'cube' is far to angular, maybe you should upp the poly count a bit.
>
> also, as this is a mesh, Photons will not work, nor will refraction, mesh
> ojbects are hollow boxes with the walls being infinatly thin.

> Rick

  Actually that is not true. The base of the lamp I posted not long ago
was made from a mesh object. It is not evident from the camera angle
used but photons were on for that scene and there is a definite caustic
hiding behind the lamp almost out of sight. Photons will work with meshes
but you will need to bound the object manually or it will not calculate
the photons properly.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net